One of the first gasless school buildings in The Netherlands has a chance of winning the Architectuur Prijs Achterhoek 2019! The Graafschap College in Doetinchem designed by cepezed and cepezedinterior is nominated for the public choice award. The nominations for the jury prize will soon be announced as well.
For the public choice award, a total of 20 projects are nominated. These are characterized by themes such as sleek design, reborn old or innovation. The brand new school opened at Sportpark Zuid a year ago and has a number of great features:
- One of the first gasless schools in The Netherlands
- Energy rating A+++
- Pleasant, healthy and stimulating indoor climate
- Frisse Scholen (Fresh Schools) class B
- In terms of daylight entry even largely Frisse Scholen (Fresh Schools) class A
- Gender neutral toilets
- Two trainings with each their own identity under one roof
The eye-catching school building presents itself as a pavilion in green surroundings; it stands on a pedestal and the façades are provided with corten steel fronts on three sides. Referring to the wooded surroundings, these have the shape of a tree structure.
The public can vote for the APA public choice award 2019 through the website of regional newspaper de Gelderlander. Will you help us win? Then maybe we will receive the award during the ceremonies on November 1st!